Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Lots of Learning!



March 30, 2015

Hola Hola Hola Hola!!!!!!!!

First on the list.....FELIZ CUMPLEAÑOS PAPÁ!!!!!!!!! :) I hope you had a spectacular day and ate lots of strawberry shortcake!!! :) Thank you for being the greatest dad there is! Thank you for all you have taught me and for your incredible example! I’m the luckiest girl in the world to have you as my dad! :)

Okay, so it’s been quite the week! If I’m going to be honest, it’s been a bit stressful. My companion, Hermana Palacios, is absolutely perfect. Not even joking. I’m learning a ton from her! I’m super grateful to be her companion. Sometimes I feel a smidge inadequate compared to her, but it’s okay because she’s helping me become a better missionary. Then with my new responsibility I’ve been feeling a little stressed because I feel very inadequate and unqualified to help out these amazing hermanas. They really are incredible. I do know that the Lord qualifies those He calls so really I just need to learn to trust more in Him. I know that I have many weaknesses and that He knows them even better than I do, but nonetheless He has called me to serve these hermanas, which means He will be the one that helps me in this assignment. I know it is only through Him that I can do it. Half the time I have no idea where we are in the area since it’s a very big, weird area in how it’s laid out, and then I feel a little lost in divisions now that I’m the Hermana Entrenadora, but its cool. I just need to remember that I’m not expected to be perfect. Give my perfectionism back over to the Lord. It’s like I regained it when I was given this assignment jaja. Oh well. 

We have this super stellar investigator named Nicholas, he’s 12. He’s gone to church quite a few times and he’s getting baptized this Sunday! Yep, he’s getting baptized Easter/General Conference Sunday. Is there possibly a better day to get baptized??? I think not!!! I’m so incredibly excited! Not even kidding!! I can’t believe he’s only 12. He’s absolutely incredible and learns so so quickly. Oh how I love this kid with my whole heart!!! He’s like the little brother I’ve never had!! Jajaj! It’s also looking like His mom will getting baptized as well promptly!! I’m so so excited!

I’m incredibly excited for this weekend with it being General Conference and Easter! What an incredible treat! I can’t even express how much love I feel from Heavenly Father to be able to have a living prophet on the earth today and that this week we will be able to hear what He wants to tell us through His chosen prophet and servants. He really does love us so much. I’m actually pretty sad because it’s my last General Conference in the mission and there is NOTHING like General Conference in the mission!! Ugh. :( I know that as we ponder and reflect on our lives and watch conference with questions we have, seeking specific answers, we will receive them and have an incredible, spiritual experience. We will have a stronger testimony that Thomas S. Monson is the Prophet and that the Apostles are chosen servants of God. I know we will feel very really that God is speaking to us through them. 

And as I said, it’s Easter too!! I don’t have the words to adequately express the deep love I have for my Savior. I have never before experienced His influence in my life like I have in my mission. How grateful I am to be able to serve and represent Him. My testimony of Him and His infinite Atonement has deepened more than I could have ever imagined. He is my best friend. He is my Savior. He is my hope. He is who I run to when I need fixing. It is only through Him that we can become whole and clean. Thanks to Him and His sacrifice I can live with Him, my Heavenly Father and my family forever. If there is one thing that I’m absolutely certain of it is that He lives!

I hope you all enjoy this week and Conference and Easter!! Thanks so much for all you do for me! I love you all with my whole heart!! :) Remember, when we love the way the Savior does, miracles happen. And of course, Stay Anxiously Engaged!! :)

xoxo,
Hermana Van 

No comments:

Post a Comment