Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Just All Levels of Crazy!



March 24, 2015
Bueno Dia!!!! :)

Okay, so I’m just still in a whirlwind with transfers and everything. This week has been incredibly crazy and transfers possibly even more crazy!! So I’m not going to be finishing the training of mi hija. :( I’m leaving San Fernando. :( It’s crazy, I feel like I just got there yesterday. The time went by waaaaayyyyyy too fast!! :( Ugh I’m just super sad! Hermana Yancey is incredible! I love her with everything I am. She is just such an amazing missionary. I feel so incredibly blessed to have had the opportunity to be her companion and learn sooo much from her. What an example she is to me. Oh yeah. So where I’m at now.  I’m now in Chacabuco. I’ve returned to Capital. I’m actually in the same stake I was in when I was in Almagro. So I got a quick trip to provincia for 3 months and now I’m back at the city life. It was a really fun experience being in San Fernando. En serio, lo mejor! :) My companion is Hermana Palacios, she’s from Mexico! We arrived together in the mission. She is absolutely incredible!!!! :) Oh, I also have a new assignment, I’m a Hermana Entrenadora, or in English it would be a Sister Training Leader. I can’t tell you how big of a surprise this same to me. I was positive that I was going to stay in San Fernando and that I would finish training Hermana Yancey. Then President called me yesterday in the evening and told me about my new assignment. I just started crying because I was so sad to leave Hermana Yancey. I’m excited though to be able to be in Chacabuco working with Hermana Palacios and to be able to serve the Hermanas. I think its going to a really unique opportunity. It’s just crazy to me that I even have this opportunity. I’m going to get to learn a ton from the other Hermanas. :)

Okay, so about last week. Well, it was just nuts. I was basically at a doctor’s office or hospital every single day because of my eye. I couldn’t sleep last Monday night at all because my eye hurt so badly. It was so so rough. I woke up and it was ridiculously red and I couldn’t really see out of it and I had like a white blotch in it and my vision was super foggy. So they thought it was just pink eye so we were just treating it like that, but then we ended up sending pictures to Salt Lake so that a doctor could see my eye. Turns out I have something called Keratitis or maybe a small ulcer or something like that on my eye. So then I went to the hospital super far away to get it checked out on Friday and then again on Saturday. We had to wait hours to get in to the doctor. Amway, the doctors in Argentina say one thing and the doctors in Salt Lake say another thing, so I’m semi confused, but I think at this point we’ve got it fairly figured out. My vision is definitely improving with the drops I’ve been using. It should heal just fine. The horrible news is that the doctor in Salt Lake told me I can’t use my contacts for the REST OF MY MISSION. I could DIE! Jajaja! But really, I may be dramatic, but I’m super bummed about that. I hate using my glasses!! Ugh oh well. It’s worth the sacrifice in order to have my eyes heal. 

So this whole situation with my eye has been really hard for me this last week. I don’t know it was just all really rough and confusing. It was a hard week. I had Elder Lines (the Lines are a missionary couple in the offices) give me a blessing of health. It was an absolutely BEAUTIFUL blessing. It was such an incredibly spiritual experience for me. It’s exactly what I needed. I just cried through the whole thing and even Hermana Yancey did too. He said a lot of really really beautiful things. I’ve written a few of them down in my journal. One thing he told my in the blessing is that Heavenly Father had given me this experience to show me He loves me. It hit me really hard. I loved the wording he used. That he had given me this experience. I loved the word experience instead of trial. I don’t really know why, I think it has something to do with my patriarchal blessing. It’s been quite a rough experience (those who know me know that I’m super paranoid about my eyes) and I was really worried. But in the blessing he also told me that my vision would be restored to its previous state. Sometimes we look at trials or "experiences" as punishments from God or as God turning His back on us, but really it’s the exact opposite. He gives us trials and experiences to show us just how much He really loves us. This life is for us to have many experiences so that we can learn and grow. Heavenly Father wants us to become like Him and reach our full potential. For that reason, He gives us opportunities to learn and grow and reach that potential. He is so aware of us and our situations. Of that I have no doubt. This has been an incredible learning experience for me. I can’t even explain it adequately. I can’t even believe how many beautiful experiences I’ve had in order to learn in the mission. I know that Heavenly Father loves me so much. I know that I am His daughter. I know the same is true for each one of you. You are all children of God and He loves you more than you could ever know!

Well, I think I should probably wrap it up. Just know that I love and appreciate you all soo soo much! Thank you for all you do! I hope you have a fantastic week! :) Remember, when we love the way the Savior does, miracles happen. And of course, Stay Anxiously Engaged!! :)

xoxo,
Hermana Van 

No comments:

Post a Comment