Friday, March 20, 2015

Chichulin!



March 16, 2015
Hola mis queridos!!! :)
Como les va? Todo bien?? Espero que si!!
Okay, so this week. It was a pretty solid week. Not like a crazy out of the ordinary week, so there´s not much to report necessarily. Let’s see what I can come up with.
Saturday we had a capilla abierta!! It was in an area of elders so we went with the hermana entrenadores. We pretty much weren’t able to work at all Saturday due to that. But seriously, the Capilla Abiertas are the best! I love them so much!! We get to teach so much and it’s just the coolest experience! I love it! Mi hija rocked it! She is really starting to speak so so well! Everyone is super impressed with her. They think I did something like maybe I taught her all of it. Yeah, I’ve taught nothing. She just came super stellar!! :)
Hannah and Hermana Yancey are big "Miranda Sings" fans.
Okay funny story! So we received a reference of an 82 year old Evangelist that wanted a Book of Mormon and her name was Bienvenida. So it was kinda hard to contact her, but at last we were finally able to contact her and she invited us in. Well, let me tell you, she knows her Bible!! She was happy to talk to us and luckily she didn’t argue with us or anything. Anyways, we give her the Book of Mormon and she’s stoked. She really loved it. So we just had a quick lesson and then we asked to close with a prayer. She said of course and when we asked her who she wanted to say it she said we all had to offer one. So I was like well, okay. So I said the first one and the whole time she’s just saying things like "Amen, si Señor" Etc. Ya know just agreeing to everything. So I finish and Hna Yancey starts her prayer. Well, apparently she was just taking a little too long to pray for the likings of Bienvenida because she says "Si señor" and begins to start praying in the middle of Hermana Yancey´s prayer! I was dying! It took everything within me to not just crack up in that moment!!
Celebrating her one year anniversary with ice cream!
We’ve been having some good success working with the members. We’ve able to find a few people by taking them out of their houses and meeting their neighbors. It’s been a really great experience for us and for them. Oh! That reminds me. I’ve been thinking about it and I feel like I need to invite you all to give the missionaries a reference this week. The success of the missionaries doesn’t come when your friends and family members get baptized. Giving them a reference doesn’t mean they’re going to get baptized. Rather, the success is INVITING your friends to listen and come unto Christ. Our purpose as missionaries is to "Invite others to come unto Christ". That is also your purpose as missionaries. Just invite your friends and family! And DO NOT say that you don’t know anyone because that is not the case! I pulled that one before the mish when, now that I think about it, I totally knew people. So please! Be the missionaries´ miracle this week! :)
Studious Missionaries!
I tried chichulin this week! It’s Cow intestine. It’s absolutely DISGUSTING!! The texture is horrific! So that’s fun! :)
Well, I don’t have much time today, so I’m going to wrap it up! I hope you all have a fantastic week! I love you all! Remember, when we love the way the Savior does, miracles happen. And of course, Stay Anxiously Engaged!! :)
xoxo,
Hermana Van
PS. There were like 6 Americans visiting our ward yesterday. It was the most awkward thing of my life talking to them. I’ve become Latina. I had never realized how different Americans and Latinos really are.....


No comments:

Post a Comment