Saturday, July 18, 2015

El Dia de Independencia!!



July 13, 2015
Hola todos! :)
This last week was a good one. :) We’ve seen many miracles in our area...as usual. :) On Saturday we invited a 15 year old kid to church. (We found him through a less active) and at first he was super mas o menos. Then we explained why he needed to go to church. So then he tells us that he was going to go to church and that he would go with his friend (the son of the less active that isn’t a member). Well when he said that he would go with his friend and that he didn’t want us to come and pick him up, I had kind of written him off in my mind, thinking he wouldn’t go because I figured his rebellious friend wouldn’t want to go. Oh ye of little faith. Just as they had promised, they were in Sacrament Meeting 20 minutes early. The rebellious friend is kind of rambunctious (how do you even spell that? no idea), but that fact that they came was a huge huge miracle! I couldn’t even believe it. God continues to show me every day that He is the one in charge of His work and that I need to increase me faith.
Aracely and Judith are progressing very well!! :) Last week we were able to receive signed permission for both of them. Their parents are really really awesome, but they work so we haven’t been able to talk with them much. Aracely was really tired and hungry yesterday morning so she didn’t really want to go to church that much, but Judith was able to convince her to go and they stayed for the whole time. They are just so fantastic. They’re working on receiving their answers to know that the church is true. They’ve been quite diligent about reading the BOM and praying, but they haven’t felt that they’ve received an answer, so we’re helping them recognize their answers right now. The other day Aracely prayed and it was the most sincere, beautiful prayer. I was able to feel the greatest amount of peace and love through her simple prayer. Kids have so much power!
We did divisions with an area called Palermo. It was an awesome experience. :) I was in Palermo with Hermana Johnson. I don’t have the words to express my love for this Hermana. She is incredible. She is my sister in the mission because we have the same mom (trainer). So that’s cool. I was able to learn so much from her. I love divisions because I love seeing how God uses me as an instrument. I mean, that’s every day in the mission, but it’s like I can feel it even more in divisions. This hermana is a huge example to me in diligence and sincere love and interest for those around her.

Last Thursday was the 9 de Julio!! :) Independence Day in Argentina!!! :) We had a really fun Stake Activity with lots of typical Argentine food and dances! The most common dance the members performed was la Chacarera! :) It’s the coolest. I love it so much jaja!! :) Look it up on You Tube! :)
Well, I think that’s about it for this week. Life is good. The Book of Mormon continues to be a huge strength to me. It’s been so fun to read it in such a short period of time. I’m learning so much. After 16 months in the mish I feel like I still know nothing. Crazy how that works. jaja! Well, I hope y’all have a fantastic day/week!! :) Remember, when we love the way the Savior does, miracles happen. And of course, Stay Anxiously Engaged!! :)
xoxo,
Hermana Van 

No comments:

Post a Comment