Thursday, June 25, 2015

Fiestas y Torta!



June 22, 2015

Hey Hey Hey it´s Christmas Day! 
Nah, mentira, but it has been SO COLD here in Argentina that it could be Christmas...

ANYWAYS! Last week was interesting. What I can say is that it has been a great week of learning. Sadly Miguel and his family didn’t go to church last week so only Miguel will be able to get baptized. We still don’t know everything that happened, but yeah, it was sad. We’ve changed the plan. We’re hoping that Miguel will get baptized this week and then in 2 weeks he can baptize his family since he will have the Priesthood and all. So please please please keep him and his family in your prayers! That would be greatly appreciated!! :)

So it happened again. I had another bout of throwing up last week. I honestly don’t know what’s wrong with me. This is the third night in less than a year where I have been up all night throwing up. I think that’s more than the last 10 years of my life jaja! But I don’t know, I’m fine! No worries! This last week my stomach has been pretty sensitive! And lately I’ve been losing my appetite. I don’t know why. But yeah, I’m totes fine now. 

Yesterday, we were talking to a guy in his door way when his adult son showed up and asked us if we wanted some cake. So obviously we said yes. I was thinking like a tiny little sliver of cake but NOPE! He came back with 3 huge slices of cake, one of each of us! It was so funny! So we took the cake, finished our small lesson and then went and sat down mas o menos in the street with Kevin (the member accompanying us) eating cake with our fingers. It was pretty much hilarious. It was pretty dang good too the cake! :)

This last week I went to a Bolivian birhtday party for a one year old. It was the hugest birthday party I have ever been to IN MY LIFE! And it was for a ONE YEAR OLD! How is that even possible! It was in the church. We felt very uncomfortable so we went and helped make empanadas... We went because It was a recent convert that invited us and we had to eat top ramen for lunch that day so we went with the intentions of eating some good food. (gotta be honest). So yeah, it was the craziest thing I’ve ever experienced! 

Last week, we were just searching so hard for new investigators with no luck. We’ve come to realize that we have been doing the same thing every day and having the same results, so basically we need to start mixing things up. We’re starting to come up with new ideas so that we can really find these people that God has prepared for us here in Chacabuco!! 

Okay, sorry this letter was super short!! Anyways, I hope all you Fathers had a stellar day yesterday!! :) And of course, Happy Birthday to the best sister in the world!!! :) I hope you all have a fantastic week this coming week and pray for missionary opportunities!! :) Love you all with my whole soul! Remember, when we love the way the Savior does, miracles happen. And of course, Stay Anxiously Engaged!! :)

xoxo,
Hermana Van

No comments:

Post a Comment