Saturday, January 3, 2015

Feliz Navidad!! y Cambios!!!



December 30, 2014

Hola todos!!!

To start... FELIZ NAVIDAD!!!!! :) I hope you all had an incredible Christmas! I know I sure did!! :)

In other news, another transfer has come and gone. I honestly cannot believe how fast the time is passing! I hope it starts slowing down here pretty soon. :S So what happened in transfers? Well, I’m no longer in Almagro. I am now in San Fernando! It’s where the mission offices are!! So I’m pretty stoked about that because I’ll basically always know what’s going on and I’ll get my mail super often! It’ll be fun. And would you like to know what other missionaries are in our ward? The Assistants. Yep...to the President. No pressure or anything. :/ My companion is Hermana Gomez from Spain! :) She just got done with training, so I’m her second companion. I cannot even express how much I already love her. She is the cutest, sweetest thing ever! I feel so lucky to be in the area and have her as my companion. 

Since I haven’t written in 2 weeks, I feel likes there’s a lot to say, but I don’t really know what to say. So we’ll see how it goes. So two weeks ago Carlos got baptized!! It was awesome!! I was so happy! It was such a good day! He called us in the morning and wasn’t too sure about getting baptized, but some how my companion was able to talk to him and calm him down and he was able to be baptized and have an awesome experience! :) I seriously witnessed so many miracles in Almagro!

Carlos Baptism
Last week, the 24th, we had a Christmas Devotional as a mission which was super fun! We had a little program where different groups of missionaries sang and then between each musical number there was a narration. It was beautiful. Very well done. Then we ate lunch, talked, and received little presents from President and Hermana Ayre. It was so great! :) I love our mission gatherings! We always have so much fun!! Then in the night we had permission to stay out until 10:30 so we were with a family from Ecuador that lives super close to our apartment. They gave us super cute earrings that I’ll be able to use when I get back from the mish! :) Then Christmas rocked (obvio) because I got to skype the fam and we were with the Gutierrez family, aka my second family! It was a blast!!! :) They gave me two cute ornaments in order to always remember them! :) 

Ward Christmas dinner with the Ayovi Family from Ecuador
Okay so I’m literally racking my brain to remember what else I could possibly write about but I’m kinda at a loss. Oh I know. Sunday they didn’t have enough speakers in Sacrament meeting so while I was just chilling in the congregation the 2nd counselor was announcing who would be speaking and he just announced that I would be sharing my testimony. I was taken completely by surprise. Not that it’s rough to share your testimony; I just wasn’t planning on it. It went well though. It’s always an awesome opportunity to be able to share what you know is true. So yeah, it was kinda like my farewell testimony from the ward jaja. 

Hannah holding the Christmas Ham.  Spending Christmas with her 2nd  family -Gutierrez
Well, I believe that is just about everything I got for this week! Thanks for all you do! I love you all so much and I really hope you all had an awesome Christmas!! :) Thanks so all your prayers on my behalf! Remember, when we love the way the Savior does, miracles happen. And of course, Stay Anxiously Engaged!! :)

xoxox,
Hermana Van 

No comments:

Post a Comment