Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Deck The Halls!



December 15, 2014

Hola Hola Hola!!!

Okay, so last week was a good week. We worked a full!! It was the last week to find people that will be able to get baptized the month so that we can reach our mission goal of the year. Friday morning, we had a testimony meeting with our zone where we shared the baptisms and miracles we have seen in the mission. It was such an inspiring meeting! It’s amazing to see how much the hand of the Lord is in the work! It truly is His work! 

Yesterday, Carlos went to church and so did Jonny. I was teaching Jonny with Hermana Cipriano when we first got here, but due to some things of his past, he wasn’t able to get baptized until December. Today he has his special baptismal interview and 3:00, in the middle of P-Day, and I’m just hoping and praying for the absolute best. If he passes it he’ll be able to be baptized this Sunday. I’m praying for miracles!!!!! He really is so so great. All he wants is a new start and to change is life. Its crazy the love I develop for these investigators. Without a doubt it’s a small part of the love of God that I feel for them. I think that’s one of my favorite parts of the mission. It’s being able to meet someone, and already feel such a great love for them. It is in those moments, that I can feel the Lord work through me. Just one of the many reasons that we need to be worthy so that the Lord can work through us. It’s an incredible experience. 

Last Monday, La Familia Gutierrez invited us over to help decorate the tree and their apartment. Here in Argentina, December 8th is a holiday and it’s the day where si o si everyone decorates their houses and trees. You don’t do it before or after, ON December 8th. That being said, there still isn’t as much Christmas Spirit as I wish there would be. Oh well. The Family Home Evening we had with them last Monday was super fun! :)

Yesterday was the Primary Program! And guess what?? I was the pianist! It was so much fun jaja! They gave me a little homemade yellow headband so that I would match all the little primary girls in the program. I had a lot of fun going to the practices and then accompanying them. They are so cute. And now I know quite a few primary songs in Castellano!! :) 

Hey!! I totally forgot to tell y’all, but a couple weeks ago I ate an OTTER EMPANADA!! Que loco, no??? It was not as bad as I thought it would be. The taste was like a mix of meat and fish. It was super weird. Even though it wasn’t too bad, it’s not something that I would request more of. So yeah, I’m enjoying trying new stuff. There’s a family in our apartment building that always gives us new things to try. It’s pretty funny. :)

So basically that’s it for this week. Carlos and Jonny are going to be baptized this Sunday, so PLEASE keep them in your prayers so that this miracle can come to pass!! SerĂ­a de 10!! :) Well, I love you all and I hope you are enjoying your White Christmas! Oh how I wish I could have a White Christmas jaja! Remember, when we love the way the Savior does, miracles happen. And of course, Stay Anxiously Engaged!! :)

xoxo,
Hermana Van 

No comments:

Post a Comment