Wednesday, January 28, 2015

English Classes



January 26, 2015

Well what is cracking???

Things here in Argentina are just splendid! :) Oh how I love Argentina! Filled with adventures siempre. :) Okay so some quick updates on some investigators that I’ve gotten some questions about. Denis. Supposedly he moved to Capital. I don’t really know. I think it’s the truth, but we also saw him in the train station one day when we were on the train one day returning from lunch. So yeah, who really knows? Monica. Well she’s still just as sweet as ever, but the problem is that she has a ton of kids, her husband died a few years ago and even though her kids are pretty much grown up for the most part, they pretty much all live with her and she has to take care of them. So basically she doesn’t have a lot of time. Unfortunately she still hasn’t gone to church. :( We’re going to continue to try to visit her this week, but if she doesn’t go to church we’re going to have to drop her. I’m super sad about that. :(

So out of no where a ton of people have appeared that want English classes. Investigators, members, todos! So like, I feel like that’s what the Lord wants me to do right now, teach an English class. At the beginning when started saying they wanted English classes I kinda shrugged it off and didn’t think about it too much, but now it’s like everyone and their dog, so I think it’s a sign that I need to. Which scares me so much! Like literally that just scares me to try to teach English and I have no idea why. I think it’s because I feel like I don’t know enough Spanish to be able to teach English. Oh well!! Another mountain I need to climb/skill to develop I suppose. It’ll be a fun adventure! :) 

My companion and I have a fun new nickname! There’s a crazy man in our building and when he opened the elevator and saw us he was like "Oh! Mis ardillitos de oro!" or in English...."Oh! My little squirrels of gold!" Um what???? We were laughing so hard!! :)

Yesterday, we found an awesome elegido that accepted a baptismal date for the 15! He has tons of problems and really wants to turn his life around. His name is Lautaro and he’s 18! Then at church a member brought a friend that lives in our area!! Her name is Ivana and really wants to draw closer to Christ and needs His help in her life. We have an appointment with her tonight so we’ll see how that goes. The assistants talked to her more than we did and they said they really think she’ll get baptized, so that’s good. I sure hope so!!! :)

Asado.......So Delicious!!!!!
Last night we had to run home and it was rough. We’re super out of shape jajaj. So our district leader told us we should start running in the mornings to have more energy jajaj oh boy! So yeah, we ran this morning and it felt so good!!! Yes I’m out of shape but oh how I miss running! It was so great!! :) 

Yesterday I gave a talk on how the members can participate in Missionary Work. Basically I just wrote down some scriptures and ideas and then I just spoke. I think it went alright. The Elders had a baptism yesterday and there were a lot more members that stayed for it than usually. So that was awesome! I think something that we can all ask ourselves is "When is the last time I contributed to missionary work?" Or "when did I last accompany the missionaries or give them a reference or invite my neighbor to church or visit a less active member?" There are so many simple, but powerful ways that we can contribute to the work of the Lord! Please give it some real thought and then put some goals for this year to help in the work of the Lord. I promise you that the blessings you receive will be unlike any others you have received before! The joy of being an instrument in the hands of the Lord will be unlike any other!! :)

Thank you all for your prayers, como siempre. I love you all and feel your support so strongly! You will never know just how grateful I am for you all! I hope you have a wonderful week! Remember, when we love the way the Savior does, miracles happen. And of course, Stay Anxiously Engaged!! :)

xoxo,
Hermana Van 

No comments:

Post a Comment