Friday, February 6, 2015

Chau Adolescencia!



February 2, 2015

HOOOOLLLLLAAAAA!!!!

Wow!! What a week it’s been! But then again I’m pretty sure I say that every single week, no? This week passed by in the blink of an eye! And now I’m 20...that’s weird!! jajaj! Nah, but seriously, thanks so much for birthday wishes! It’s kinda weird not being a teenager any more. I’m just getting so so old jaja. ;)

Happy Birthday Hermana Van
Okay so where to start. Well, we had interviews with President. Oh how I love that man. He is the greatest mission President JAMAS! He really helped me out a lot in deciding what to do about school and what not in the fall. We also talked about my companion and how I wanted to stay another transfer with her here in San Fernando. He just laughed and said it was time for her to leave San Fernando and that I have a lot of fun things coming in the future and that we’re going to have fun in the future. So yeah, I was pretty sad about to hear that my companion will be leaving. :( This week is the last week of the transfer, so it looks like I’ll have a new companion next week. Veremos que pasa. Also, he just mostly thanked me for the work we’re doing. He said that I’m an amazing missionary and a great example for the Hermanas. So yeah, that made me feel good. He’s just so so great. So yeah, interviews were really good. :) 

What more can I say? Oh yeah. Saturday we talked to a straight up crazy man. Or at least I seriously hope he was crazy! He seemed to be super great at the beginning of the street contact, but then he started getting all crazy. He started waving his finger in our faces saying that God doesn’t exist. Then he told us all about his spiritual experiences with the virgen de guadalupe and how it was thanks to her that he has everything he has and that she tells him what to do every day. Then he said that God killed His Son Jesus Christ and tons of other stuff. I was just about fuming jaja. My companion said that she always knows when something the investigators say bothers me because I start speaking really firmly with a lot of authority. But honestly, I can’t help it. It drives me nuts when people start saying things that are just straight up apostasy. So yeah, the crazy man was just telling me that God didn’t exist and that I needed to think about that. Whatever. I’m hoping he’s literally crazy so he can’t be judged according to even his catholic knowledge that God does exist and is our Heavenly Father. So yeah.

This week I taught the Restoration in English to an investigator that wants to practice his English. It was the most awkward lesson of my life. I don´t like talking about the gospel in English. It´s awkward. My companion totally helped teach the lesson in English! She is such a rock-star! She´s learning English so well! The official English classes haven´t started yet, so we´ll see what happens with that.

My companion gave an invitation to two Jehovah Witness missionaries this week. She didn’t recognize they were JW, but I did, so I just watched her be a cute little missionary talking to everyone. Que CAPA!! She’s awesome! It was super funny!! They gave us a pamphlet and I felt like a little card for a pamphlet wasn’t a fair trade so I gave them the pamphlet of the Restoration. That was a fun experience. :) 

Hmmmmm....Que mas?? Yesterday we had two investigators at church: Ivana and Monica. When we went to pick Monica up for church we realized we didn’t have our cell phone. It turns out she was calling us to tell us she wouldn’t be able to go to church but not having the phone we went any way and we were able to convince her to go for just an hour. It turned out forgetting the phone was a HUGE miracle/blessing! Also, Sacrament meeting ended up being super spiritual since tons of youth bore their testimonies since they just got back from EFY! It was so so great! 

Overall it’s been an incredible week and it’s crazy to think that this transfer is coming to a close! It’s been one of the most incredible transfers of my mission! I’ve loved every minute of it! Also, please pray for Ivana! There’s a huge possibility that she can get baptized this last week, but she just needs to feel the urge to get baptized now instead of later since she already wants to get baptized, just not so fast. Anyways, if you could pray for her, that would be great! Thanks so much for all you prayers! I love you so so much! Have a wonderful week!! :) Remember, when we love the way the Savior does, miracles happen. And of course, Stay Anxiously Engaged!! :)

xoxo,
Hermana Van 

No comments:

Post a Comment