Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving



November 24, 2014

Hola!!

Okay, so not a whole lot of time to right today. Sorry! We went to the temple. (I’ll get to that later in the email.)

Daniella's Baptism!
To start....Daniela got baptized yesterday!!!! It was absolutely incredible!! She was basically balling the whole time! I felt so grateful and so privileged to be apart of bringing her the restored gospel of the Jesus Christ. I don’t feel like I did much, but I had the incredible opportunity to be a witness to all the miracles the Lord was working. He is so good. On top of it, President came to the baptism! We called him Saturday to ask him for permission to donate blood (because I wanted to this Saturday but he told me no sadly.) and then we told him that Daniela had passed her interview and we invited him to the baptism. He said he would try to come but he had to see his schedule. Well, he’s basically the coolest President ever and came with his family and some family friends that were in town visiting. It rocked! He is so so so great! I love him! Oh! And Daniela’s less active husband, Walter, baptized her! :) It was beautiful!

President Ayre and family came to our baptism!
Yesterday, I had to give a talk in Sacrament Meeting--my first one in the mission. Basically I didn’t have time to prepare much before, and I hadn’t written anything down, just like 5 scriptures I could use. So I just got up there and spoke by the spirit. I only ended up using two of the scriptures because I ran out of time. When I got done, I thought well that was mas o menos, oh well jaja. But after the meeting quite a few people told me they loved my talk and really felt the spirit, so I felt good about that. 

So there’s a member in the ward that’s pretty cold to the Hermana missionaries, and likes the elders better. She isn’t one to show much love and she always criticizes us. So obvio, I’ve been determined to make her love me. Well yesterday, she gave me a huge hug and while she was hugging me she told another member that she really loved me because of the way I am and what I say just makes her and others happy. She said that I just have a really big heart. Um...SCORE! I was so happy to hear that she finally opened her heart to us hermanas! She’s a great person, just a little hard on the outside sometimes jaja. But I really do love her. 

Service Project
Saturday we did service in the house of the house of some recent converts from Haiti. We painted. It rocked. I loved it. Pictures to come. :) 

Today we got permission from president to go to the temple because the members from Rosario were going to be there and Hermana Contreras’s sister lives in Rosario. She has never had the opportunity to meet this sister, so it was pretty much a once in a lifetime opportunity to her. So that was really fun for her. And me, because I got to go to the temple and do a session! I was stoked! It pretty much took the whole day, but it was worth it. I love the temple!!! :)

Today, a teacher from the MTC here in Argentina (it’s by the temple) that I was talking to told me that I’m a total Argentine. Just 100% Argentine. Um...Heck yes!!!! That was such a great compliment. I was super stoked! Made my day jaja!! :)

Hannah's Argentine Family.  She couldn't do it without them!
Well, that’s all the time I have. Love you a whole lot!! Thanks so much for your support and prayers! I hope you all have a FANTASTIC THANKSGIVING! I’ll probs be eating the regular same old Argentine or Peruvian food this Thursday. Oh well, at least it’s good food jaja. :) Eat extra just for me! Remember, when we love the way the Savior does, miracles happen! And of course, Stay Anxiously Engaged!! :)

xoxo,
Hermana Van  

No comments:

Post a Comment