Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Just Cruisin' Along in the Mission Life



November 10, 2014

Hola!!

Well, this last week has been a little nuts. I basically have a million stories I want to share, but I’m thinking I won’t have time to write them all, so we’ll see what comes of this email.

First, Norma was confirmed yesterday, so her baptism is complete. Thank heavens!! So much stress. She’s super great. I love her a lot. 

Next, my mirror broke today. I’m pretty bummed. I’m just hoping to not have 7 years of bad luck. Yikes. To be honest, I’m more worried about getting ready in the morning. My comp takes the entire time in the bathroom so I have just grown accustomed to getting ready with my mirror. Looks like I’ll be borrowing my comp’s mirror until I can buy a new one. It seems like there’s always something that needs to be bought or replaced. Grown up life is rough. 

So we have a super set baptism for the 24th of November, which is the Sunday after transfers. I’m really hoping that I don’t get transferred next week. Anyways, her name is Daniela and she is the wife of a less active. We’ve been working with her for a little while, but we were never super focused in her because she’s super catholic and always said that she’d get baptized when she felt it in her heart and believed it. So then on Saturday we had a super awesome lesson with her. We taught the Restoration, but we felt like we needed to get down to the intimate details, more than anything in the great apostasy. So we talked about how exactly the Catholic Church came to be. It seemed as if I light bulb went off in her head. The whole lesson was super spiritual. Then at the end we asked her to be baptized the 24th and she said that it was her anniversary and they will have been married for two years. This made her super emotional and she could feel that the date was set by God. So then she prayed to know if it was true. The prayer was beautiful. She was basically weeping through the whole thing and then she just stopped praying all together. My companion and I just sat there waiting in silence for her to finish, but she never did. Then when we all got up from our knees and sat back down she said she felt a flame inside her but that it didn’t burn her. The whole time I was just praying that the Holy Ghost would touch her, and he did. It was such a great experience. She full heartedly accepted the baptismal date. It was an experience I won’t forget. So beautiful. 

Then we found the cutest little old lady this week that wants to get baptized so badly! She’s the greatest! Unfortunately she wasn’t able to go to church because her grandson was in the hospital from an accident that happened. So that was really sad. But yeah, she’s a little old lady that is missing most of her teeth (I’m starting to think that’s the kind of people I’m meant to teach jaja) and she just wants us to visit her every day, which is great!! :) Jaja! There are some great miracles occurring here in Almagro. I have no idea what is going to happen this next week with transfers. Vamos a ver. 

So last week a lady threatened to call the cops on us, because we may have been teaching outside of a catholic church....but all we were doing was saying hi to one of our investigators that we hadn’t been able to find in forever and she just happened to be selling food in front of the church. So yeah, that was SUPER rough. The member was arguing with her so she told me that I was the only considerate one out of the three of us. Basically, it pays to follow the white handbook, even if you find one of your elegidos investigators that have been hard to contact. Oh the experiences of the mission. 

On Saturday the Elders in our ward had a baptism. Right before it started one of them asked me to give a talk on baptism. So that was fun. It was more like a spiritual talk rather than a talk jaja. It wasn’t bad because basically we teach about baptism all day every day. So it was just pretty natural. 

Well, that’s all the stories I’ll share for this week! I hope you all have a fantastic week! I love you all lots! Remember, when we love the way the Savior does, miracles happen. And of course, Stay Anxiously Engaged!! :)

xoxo,
Hermana Van 

No comments:

Post a Comment