Monday, November 3, 2014

BiPolar Weather



November 3, 2014

Hola!!!!

Buenas Noticias!!!! :) Norma got baptized!!!!!!!!!! :))) I’m so so stoked! It was the craziest, biggest miracle!! We only saw her like 2 times during the week and it was just a quick hi + a scripture or principle in the door of her apartment building and then chau. So yeah, I’m still in awe. Honestly, there were so many times during this week, when I was like, well that’s it, she’s not getting baptized. There were way too many times when I allowed the doubt and fear to creep into my mind. Every time that happened I had a little voice tell me, "It’s okay, just have faith and trust in Him. Remember the promise He gave you in the temple." And that honestly helped me so much. I think I told you this, I don’t remember, but when I was in the temple, I received the inspiration that there were past investigators that were ready now and didn’t get baptized yet because the were prepared to hear the gospel from me and my companion. So that is the promise that I continually reminded myself of this last week. And sure enough, it happened. Norma was a past investigator of about a year, and it turns out she wasn’t ready a year ago, she was ready now to get baptized. I would say the most incredible thing to me is seeing how the Lord works His miracles. I can honestly say I did nothing. It was all the Lord and I was able to be a witness to what He had/has in store for Norma. 

Baptism picture with Norma and companion.
So Halloween was the worst. Why? Because it was just an average ordinary day. In the entire day, I only saw ONE kid dressed up and then 2 others with masks nothing more. It was the worst! And nobody did anything! I was shocked. So yeah, that just wasn’t the same. I was thinking about what I did last year for Halloween and I seriously couldn’t believe that a year had already passed. It is so crazy to me. Time is just flying. It’s crazy to think that it’s already November. 

Also, the weather here is more bipolar than Utah’s weather!! It was so unbearably hot two weeks ago, and then this last week it rained all week and it was FREEZING!!! Yesterday I felt like I was in the middle of winter. It rained so much yesterday and the wind was like 70 kilometers per hour. Terrible. And obvio my umbrella is just so broken, but whatever I continue to use it because I don’t want to buy a new one, and today it’s raining cats and dogs. 


It's raining cats and dogs and my umbrella is toast!
So yeah, That’s basically an update of the week and what’s been going on here in good ol Buenos Aires. Even with the rain, I’m just loving it. What an opportunity it is to serve the Lord in such a wonderful place. Thanks so much for all your support! Love you! Until next week! Remember, when we love the way the Savior does, miracles happen! And of course, Stay Anxiously Engaged!! :)

xoxo,
Hermana Van 

No comments:

Post a Comment