Friday, August 21, 2015

Para Siempre Dios Este Con Vos



August 17, 2015

Bueno Día queridos!! :)

My Last Letter. Where do I even start? 

I’ll start with a brief summary of last week. We did divisions twice, once with the hermanas from Almagro and once with the hermanas from Palermo. I was in Palermo for my last division of my mission and it really was just what I needed. It went really well. I’m going to miss getting to know the hermanas and helping them and learning from them. It’s been incredible. On Saturday I broke the news to Ulises that I won’t be here this Saturday for his baptism. It was hard. I cried, I think he may have a little and we were all just really sad. But we’re friends in facebook so he’s going to send me pictures and all. He and his little brother Raul went to church on Sunday. Sadly Noelia, his little sister, didn’t go. She’s super shy and I think was kind of scared of going. But Ulises and Raul had a really great time at church. :) And then, yeah, that was basically a really quick summary of the week. 

When I think back on my mission, it all just seems like a dream. I find it so hard to believe that I have been away for almost 18 months and have just about completed my mission. The mission has been more than I ever could have imagined or hoped for. I remember back 2 years ago when I "chose" to serve a mission. As I have been in the mission I have come to realize that I didn’t choose to serve a mission, GOD chose ME; And how grateful I am that He did. That He has given me the opportunity to learn so much. To show me that there are miracles that happen every single day. To show me just how much He loves me. To show me that His plan is perfect and all I need to do is trust in Him and the plan He has for me. 

The most precious thing in the world to me is the relationship I have been able to develop with my Savior, Jesus Christ, in these short 18 months. I remember thinking that I already had a strong relationship with Him and an idea of the Atonement, but this time in Argentina has shown be just how mistaken I was. I have come to know and love my Savior more than I ever. I know He is leading and guiding me in every moment. He is so aware of me and my needs, and He goes to the extremes to help me. He has carried me through many hard trials and He has rejoiced with me in the very happiest of times. He is my best friend. My greatest desire is to be able to continue developing this relationship with Him so that when the day arrives and I am brought before God, I see my best friend as my mediator.

This work is perfect. This work is the work of the Lord. He is at the head, and He directs it. I have witnessed countless miracles. I have seen His hand touch the heart of His children countless times. The greatest miracle is the change that occurs in the hearts of those who choose to follow Christ and His teachings, while making covenants with their maker. I know that the Church is true. God loves us and knows us perfectly. The Book of Mormon has been my main source in order to know my Savior better. It is true. I love the guidance and comfort that I am able to find through reading it diligently every single day. I know that prayer is real. I know that He hears and answers every single one of our prayers. We are never alone. What joy I have had sharing the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ! Our message is incredible! It is unique! It is the truth! I hope to share this message with all who choose to listen for the rest of my days. One of my most sincere desires is to be able to serve God forever. How grateful I am for this incredible opportunity God has given me to serve the beautiful people of Buenos Aires Argentina! They are incredible. I love them with my whole heart. "Because I knew (them) I have been changed for good."

Thank you so much for all the love and support you have given me constantly in these last 18 months. I love you all with my whole heart! Hasta Pronto!! Remember, when we love the way the Savior does, miracles happen. And of course, STAY ANXIOUSLY ENGAGED!!!!! :)

xoxo,
Hermana Van 

No comments:

Post a Comment