Sunday, August 16, 2015

Calletas con chocolate en Polvo...Yum?



August 10, 2015
Buen Día a todos!! :)
Okay, so this last week was weird jaja. I feel like nothing really happened too crazy. There was one day where Hermana Hawkins and I went completely crazy jaja! I love that girl so much :) Anyways, Hermana Urra was super sick, so we didn’t leave the apartment the WHOLE DAY!! We didn’t even touch the apartment door once to leave, which is in and of itself a miracle, because usually on sick days we half to leave to eat or something, but nope, not on Thursday. So yeah pobrecita Hermana Urra was in bed all day since she was super sick. :( So Hermana Hawkins and I tried to be creative and do stuff, but the time just passed by soooo slowly. We made empanadas for lunch (Hermana Urra´s idea) which were just delicious! :) Then Hermana Hawkins and I wanted chocolate, but we couldn’t leave and buy chocolate, so we attempted to make chocolate chip cookies with what we had, substituting the chocolate chips for nesquick powder, yeah I know we were desperate. So basically they didn’t work too well, so we modified the receta like 3 times and each time they just got worse and worse. So that was fun. We really did have so much fun making them. Then we ironed Hermana Hawkins´ Preach My Gospel with hair straighteners because it was super wrinkled from the rain. Yeah that shows just how bored we were. And yeah, that was basically the sick day.....
I think it was then the next day that Hermana Hawkins found lice in her hair. :/ I was so sure that I had lice too, but Hermana Urra searched me head and told me that I didn’t, and I trust her, because she told us she’s had a lot of experience taking lice out of people’s hair. Ew. But yeah, that was another fun adventure.
Last week, we had Mission Leadership Council and then our Zone Conference and then a Zone Breakfast, so we had like a million meetings last week. jaja. They were all really good and I was able to learn so much. When I go to those meetings I realize just how much I don’t know and how much I still need to improve, and how little time is left. It’s crazy. After almost 18 months I feel like I know absolutely nothing. There is so much room for me to still improve. And sometimes it feels like after the mission I won’t be improving any more, like the time to improve is only in the mission, but I know that’s not true. Progression never stops. After the mission we continue to progress in life. After life, there’s the spirit world, the millennium, and eternity to continue progressing. We truly never stop progressing and that is something that I need to remind myself a lot. I heard in a meeting once that the spirit leaves us for one of two reasons, because we have sinned, or because we have stopped progressing, and we need to search to have the spirit which requires us to progress. So that just a little thought for ya there.
Last week we got to know Ulises (our miracle from last Sunday) a little better. We stopped by his house on Monday and got his permission signed in order to teach him. While we were at it we got the permission signed for his two younger siblings. Noelia (12) and Raul (8). The mom, Maritza, works on Sunday sadly, but it turns out that she had already gone to church before and she wants all her kids to go to church. She has been through so much and is basically and angel. It was a miracle being able to find and teach all of them. Sadly only Ulises went to church on Sunday because the other two had a sleepover with their cousins. :( Next week they’ll all get to church! I have faith! :) But as for Ulises, he’s doing fantastic and progressing super well! :)
Pigeon update: They are just straight up pigeons now. Nasty. And they eat a lot. And I’m just not a pig fan of them any more because the the windowsill outside is just full of pigeon poo. I’d send pictures, but the computer isn’t letting me load so I can’t.
And.....I believe that’s just about it for this last week! :) I hope you all have a fantastic week! It’s crazy to think that this is my last week in the mission field. I prefer not to think about it. But yeah, I love you all. Thanks so much for your support and prayers!! :) Les amo! Remember, when we love the way the Savior does, miracles happen. And of course, Stay Anxiously Engaged!! :)
xoxo,
Hermana Van

No comments:

Post a Comment