Friday, May 22, 2015

La Dedicacion del Temple Cordoba!



May 18, 2015

Hola!!! :)

Well, the time has just flown by in the Cyber today doing a lot of small little things, so basically I don’t have much time to write because we have plans to go to a street called Florida today. So....I’ll be quick.

Nestor is a champ a progressing super well towards his baptism. Basically, he’s changed a lot and been a huge example for other people where he lives. That dad of his friend said he’s seen a big change in Nestor and wants that for his own son and wants to learn more about the church. Miracles. Every single day. 

We did divisions this last week and it was incredible. The hermana I was with has a transfer more than me in the mission and I was able to learn so much from her. She is super amazing. I learned so much about setting personal goals, and how to make plans to reach those goals. (Not just goals like number of baptisms and lessons with a member) I feel like what I learned from her will serve me for the rest of my life. She is a huge example to me.

Saturday night we watch the Cultural Celebration of the Temple in Cordoba. It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! All the dances were so cool. I just died. I was smiling from ear to ear the entire time. I enjoyed it so much. I wrote down some of the dances they did in my journal. There was a super cool one that just the guys did called El Malambo. Look it up on You tube if you get a chance. I hope you appreciate it as much as I did. What I loved was the huge celebration to honor the House of the Lord. The whole time I was watching it I was just thinking about all this was for our Heavenly Father. It was a way to celebrate and thank Him for the beautiful opportunity He has given us to have another temple in Argentina where more saving ordinances can be made. Hermoso. 

Then there was the actual temple dedication that we went to yesterday. Even though it was a bummer that we couldn’t have investigators go with us to church, it was a great testimony builder for me personally. There are no words to describe just how I feel about the temple. With every temple constructed in the earth the adversary has less power. Argentina now has 2 temples. That is literally the greatest blessing for these people here in Argentina. I have taken for granted having like 15 temples in Utah. My testimony of the temple and its importance has been greatly strengthened this last week. I hope to never again take the many temples around me for granted. The temple is the most sacred place on this entire earth. For me personally, when I get back, there is no reason that I shouldn’t be able to sacrifice a few hours of my week and visit the house of my Lord and Savior and assist in His work. I love the temple. I love my Savior.

Well, life is good here in Argentina. Really solid all around. We’re seeing a lot of miracles. Time is moving by oh so quickly. I hope all of you are doing well. I hear it’s been raining a lot so I hope you enjoy that rain. That’s my life many weeks here in Argentina, no importa la temporada jaja. :) Well, Love you all with my whole heart! CuĂ­dense! Remember, when we love the way the Savior does, miracles happen. And of course, Stay Anxiously Engaged!! :) 

xoxo,
Hermana Van Wagoner

No comments:

Post a Comment