Friday, May 15, 2015

Feliz Dia de La Madre!



May 11, 2015

¡¡Feliz Día (Ayer) a TODAS las Madres!! :) No saben cuanto les amo! :)

Alright, so yesterday was just so fantastic talking with the fam!!!! The time just passed by way too fast! It’s absolutely crazy to think that the next time we talk will be in 3 months and we’ll be together! #trunkimuch? But really where has the time even go. I don’t even know what time is any more. 

So I don’t really know what to say because I feel like I already said it all yesterday, but I still gotta write because I only talked with the Fam yesterday, not the whole gang!

Awesome news! We got Nestor’s mom to finally sign the permission slip for him to get baptized! It was a huge miracle! Thank you soooo much for your prayers!!! (We’ll be now working on her to get in the water too. Poco a poco.) Anyways, yesterday was a huge miracle because Nestor wasn’t going to go to church because his mom wanted to go to provincia to visit her cousins early in the morning. After praying and practicing how we were going to help them make the decision to go to church for a little bit and then go to provinica, they decided to change their plans. Not by much, but the still did it! Nestor was able to go to church for like 30 minutes, partook of the sacrament, and then headed off to provincia. It seems so little, but trust me, it was a huge sacrifice! And now, because of that, he’ll be able to get baptized the 24th without a problem (we’re still praying a full!!) We had to change his baptismal date because the Córdoba Temple Dedication is this Sunday and because of that there won’t be Sacrament meeting. So yeah, that kinda threw off the baptism, but its okay because it is an INCREDIBLE opportunity to watch a temple dedication here in Argentina. It is the second temple here in Argentina. Everyone feels extremely blessed. Oh how I love the temple! I’m so excited to see  the Córdoba temple get dedicated! :)

Hmmmm...What else happened? Well, we went to the Villa (ghetto) on Saturday because we had a capilla abierta. The elders from that area had to come and get us to accompany us into the villa because it was dangerous. Obviously nothing happened to us. We were just fine. It was really fun though going to the Capilla Abierta. I always love the Capilla Abiertas! :) I’m now the one that has to coordinate which of the sisters in the mission help out with the Capilla Abiertas where there are only elders in the wards. So that’s fun. :) 

Fun Fact: A ferocious dog bit me this week. Well....almost bit me. His mouth/teeth/tongue were on the back of my leg (I felt them) he just didn’t clench down. I honestly don’t know what stopped him since he was already there. It definitely scared me, but it’s all good. I survived #dogbitesurvivor

Well, it’s going to be on the short side this week since, I talked with them fam yesterday already. Those were the biggest things that happened this week. We’ve begun to see a lot of miracles in our area. I’ve learned a huge lesson this week. Work brings happiness. When I get out there and work super hard and focus on the area and the investigators, I’m soooo much happier. I’ve seen a real difference on a personal level this week. I’m excited to keep working and to witness more miracles. :) Remember, when we love the way the Savior does, miracles happen. And of course, Stay Anxiously Engaged!! :)

xoxo,
Hermana Van  

No comments:

Post a Comment