Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Las Llaves y el Ascensor



April 27, 2015

Hooooooola,

Ummmmm.....where do I start? Well as of last Wednesday (the 21st) I’ve been in Argentina for a whole year. That’s so nuts to me. It seems like just yesterday I arrived and ran into the glass door of our apartment building. Crazy to think how fast the time flies.

First off, good news: Nicolas was FINALLY confirmed! It took so much work! He ended up having to spend the night with a member because his mom had something where she was going to have to take him to provincia. I can’t even believe how much opposition there was and how much it took to get this kid confirmed. Oh how I love him though. He is incredible! He stayed the night with the Patriarch and learned so much. He was telling us all about it. He’s so cute! 

The week was pretty normal. Yesterday Violeta went to church. She had a suuuuper long list of questions that she wanted to ask the bishop. She trusts him more than us I guess....whateves jaja. Anyways she’s Evangelist (is that the word in English) and she just has sooooo many doubts about the Book of Mormon. So she asked the bishop about them. Basically her questions were ridiculous. Like straight up ridiculous. She knows everything about the BOM (like about the jaredites, the lamanites, the dark skin, wars, etc.) because she has been reading a ton ABOUT it on the internet. But what she has yet to do sincerely is READ it, not ABOUT it. Amway she was saying that there is no physical proof of the BOM and what not. It was just a really interesting experience. My heart really hurts, because she’s so great and a real sweetheart. It’s such a shame that she was so deceived. :(  As I listened to all her doubts I was super sad for her, but the spirit burned strong within me as it testified that they were just lies of the devil and that the Book of Mormon is true. I could never deny it. 

We had divisions this week. My favorite part of the assignment I have is that I get to know the Hermanas and I get to learn SO MUCH from them! En serio. I love it. They are so amazing and I learn so much from them every time I’m with them. I don’t do much to help, but I know that I’m being strengthened so much by these hermanas. Heavenly Father has some absolutely incredible workers in His vineyard! :)

Okay, so I already briefly mention about how we had to have our lock changed right? Well we had another eventful occurrence with the keys. Okay quickly I’ll explain how the elevators work here in Argentina. There’s a door that you open and then there’s another door on the inside that you have to slide open and then you can enter. So we’re leaving to go to a district meeting and my comp has the keys. Well she opens the elevator doors and drops the keys right where there’s a crack in between the doors and they fall ALL THE WAY TO THE BOTTOM. (We live on the top floor.) All I could do was laugh hysterically! :) Jajaja! It was so so funny. My comp just kept saying Hermana, it’s not funny, it’s not funny. But I honestly had no other reaction! We ended up have to call the elevator guys and they came and lifted the elevator up and went down and got the keys for us. So everything just turned out fine jaja! :) Too good!! :) 

Well, that’s all the patience I have for writing this week. Congrats to Brad and Ali! I’m super happy for you two!! Oh! Also, I’ll be writing next Tuesday because we have transfers next week. Yeah, it’s nuts. I can’t believe it. Anyways, I love you all and hope you all have an amazing week! You are in my prayers! Remember, when we love the way the Savior does, miracles happen. And of course, Stay Anxiously Engaged!! :) 

xoxo,
Hermana Van 

No comments:

Post a Comment