Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Fun Facts!



July 28, 2014
¡Hola! ¿Cómo andan?
Okay, so where to start. I feel like I have no idea what to say jaja. But for real.-sometimes I feel like I just write the same letter over and over again. So if any of you feel that way too, I’m sorry, really I am. But hey, every day feels more or less the same jaja. But then again, totally different. It’s hard to explain.

So.........Yeah, I’m just going to start with some fun facts and the mish and about what I’ve eaten. Yeah, I haven’t updated y’all about what I’ve eaten in awhile jaja. So a couple weeks ago I ate liver. Yeah, I know that there’s lots of people that do that even in the United States, but hey it was weird for me. It was horrible. Mostly just the texture was horrible. I mean, the member prepared it well, but you can only do so much flavor wise. Last week I ate Mondongo again....Stomach But this time it was a plateful, not just a simple little bite. It was horrible. I can’t even believe how fast I ate that meal. Every bite I took was HUGE and I only chewed it like 2 times before swallowing so I wouldn’t have to taste and chew it too much. It was soooo rough. Bleh!!! Just thinking about it is rough. So yeah, there was just some cow stomach in my stomach. Bleh.
Other fun facts! I just found out that I have the most famous street in Argentina in my area! It’s called Corrientes. It is FILLED with theaters and there are a gazillion famous people that work in Corrientes. I also have a suuuuper rich place in my area called Puerto Madero. It’s basically where all the famous people live who work in Corrientes jaja. When I was with Hna. Centeno, we saw a ton a ton of famous people.  I just never knew it because they’re pretty much only famous here in Argentina jaja. Also, in my mission we have the biggest and most dangerous villa (or ghetto) in all of South America! (Not Central America obvio) Isn’t that crazy?? It’s huge! I’ve seen it a few times and its nuts. Obviously I will never be going there. The Hermanas aren’t allowed to be in the villas sadly. They baptize a ton in the villas.
So, last Wednesday the whole Zone came to our area to work for a couple hours. When the zone leaders told us this last Monday on the phone I was so crushed-like I literally started crying immediately. Why-because of my dang pride. To me it was like, whoa, no, this is MY area and we don’t need your help to find OUR investigators. Oh how I needed to be humbled yet again. Pride’s a rough one. I mean, I knew it would be a good experience, but half of me was so upset about it because it made me feel like I was the worst missionary and that the Zone leaders didn’t have confidence that we could do it by ourselves so we needed others to help us. Tuesday I tried to focus on the good about the activity. We started making plans so we could have 7 members (one for each companionship...it was rough to find so many, but we did it!) and we divided up our area into 7 parts. We wrote down all of our old investigators and less actives in the parts and then we assigned a companionship to every part. It ended up being super productive because of that! I really am happy we were able to have the activity. It helped us a lot and I was able to learn a lot that night. Not to mention the elders got a taste of the city life jaja. Basically there is only one other area that is as city as Congreso, and both only have Hermanas. So the elders don’t understand what it’s like to be in the city city. They’re just used to villas...jaja no kidding, not all the elders are in the villas. But yeah, I’m actually super grateful for the activity.
Well, I got to get going!! Sorry I wasn’t able to include more this week! Thanks for all your support! I love you all so so much!! Remember, when you love the way the Savior does, miracles happen! And of course, Stay Anxiously Engaged!! :)
xoxo,
Hermana Van

No comments:

Post a Comment