Thursday, July 17, 2014

Traslados!



 July 15, 2014
Hola hola hola!!

Well, needless to say, I´m suuuuuuppppppper bummed that Argentina didn’t win the World Cup....and I’m a gringa, so I’m sure you can imagine how my dear Argentines feel. Sunday, we went to Church and then we had to be in our apartments at 4:00 and couldn’t leave at all after that. However, there were tons of people passing in the street by our apartment and it was nuts, so we couldn’t go out before 4:00 either, just for church. I can’t even tell you how much I love that the people get soooo into soccer here. It’s just a bummer that it affects the work sometimes... So anyways, right before the game started Sunday there were a ton of people passing and we were out on our balcony watching when all of a sudden someone looks up at me and starts shouting stuff that I’m from Germany and I’m German and what not, and then others decided to join in, so I quickly re-entered the apartment jaja. It was hilarious!! So all day Sunday we just did various things, like watch church movies and what not. It was crazy being in the apartment all day. 
Hannah and Hermana Centeno Sporting their Argentina Soccer Jerseys
 
So, today is cambios!! I really can’t even tell you how sad I am that my time with Hna. Centeno is over. She is the best missionary! I love her so so much! I learned so much and I’m eternally grateful that she was my trainer!! (Mi mamá en la misión) I’m still in Congreso, and my companion is Hermana Quintana. She is from Salta, Argentina. Funny enough she was the "twin" to Hermana Centeno. They were trained together, in a trio, by the same missionary. Crazy right? She is 22. I’m super excited to work with her! :) It should be great! Also, I’m completely done with my training in the mission. I’m just a regular missionary now!! How crazy!! I can’t even believe it!! 
This is where Congress meets.  Her area is called the Congreso Area.

Well, I don’t know exactly what I should say so I’ll just share a quick experience that we had last ....Friday...I think. So it was the end of the night and we were on our way to an appointment at 8:00 and we didn’t have a member with us. So we’re just walking a long talking about the spirit and how even if it doesn’t seem like it, as missionaries we always have the spirit, and how the spirit protects us and what not. So we say a prayer before entering the building, and then we go in. So we go in and it’s not the right building, we had made a mistake, which is odd because we’re at this building almost every day and we never make this mistake. So we exit, and then we see two guys running towards us suuuper fast. They enter the building that we were just about to go into. Then there was someone running behind them. It turns out they had robbed a store. If we hadn’t made the mistake of the building we would have entered the other building right when the robbers were, and we would have been in their way. Then, if the door hadn’t been open for them to enter quickly, they would have turned and ran straight into us, and who knows what could have happened. It was the craziest thing. I felt the spirit protecting us so strongly! I mean, how crazy that we had just been talking about the spirit and its protection! Let me tell you this, missionaries really do have extra protection. Oh, so we didn’t end up going inside because then the police came and it was a huge mess, and we felt like we needed to stay away from the building. So yeah, that happened. 

Not much more to report this week. It’s been super crazy today with transfers! I want to say that I received your letters mom and dad! And I also received the letters from the aunts, uncles and cousins. And oh my lanta tears for days!! Thank you so so so so much! They meant the world to me!!! I seriously have the greatest family ever!! Thank you all for your love, support, and prayers!! Remember, when you love the way the Savior does, miracles happen! And of course, Stay Anxiously Engaged! :)

xoxo,
Hermana Van 

PS Vanesa returned to her old ways of not wanting to change religions and isn’t going to be baptized. :( Dang agency!! jajaja!!

No comments:

Post a Comment