Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Al Fin!



June 3, 2014

¡Hola! ¿Que Pasa Calabazas?

Bueno, necesito pedir perdón. I totally forgot to mention that I wouldn’t be writing Monday because transfers are this week. Can you even believe it? I’ve made it through my first transfer in the mission field! That is seriously so crazy to me, it doesn’t even seem real. Anyway, Hna Centeno is still my companion and I am still in Congreso 2. I’m super happy that everything has stayed the same so that I don’t have to worry about learning a new area and adjusting to a new comp and what not. Definitely a huge blessing.

So, GREAT news!! We FINALLY had TWO investigators at church on Sunday!!!! AL FIN!!! Oh I can’t even tell you how happy I am!!! It was actually Stake Conference and it was really cool because they made a completely new stake out of our stake and another stake because the work is progressing and growing so much here in capítal! Anyways, one of our investigators that came se llama Gabriela. She has a little 4 month old se llama Rueben and oh my gosh he’s the cutest thing ever. So get this, her story is terribly sad. She’s from Bolivia, and when she was 7 months pregnant her boyfriend died. Actually he was killed. His aunt and uncle were having an argument and he stepped in between them and started defending his aunt. Well his uncle didn’t like that so he killed him...I don’t know how. So now she is in Argentina by herself, raising her little boy. Oh my heart aches for her so much. Since her son is so young and a little sick right now, she told us she was only going to come to church if it didn’t rain and if it wasn’t cold. From Friday to Saturday I fasted that the weather would be good enough that she could come to church. Well, it rained all Friday and then Saturday morning, but Sunday morning it was completely clear and the weather was beautiful. I can’t tell you how much my testimony of fasting has been strengthened from this very simple experience. I know that God answers our prayers and that fasting is a very powerful tool we have. I also know that God rewards those who are diligent. I know that all our trials are for our benefit and they are only to help us reach our potential that only God can see. I went 5 weeks (my first 5 weeks) without a single investigator at church. But todovía, Hna Centeno and I were diligent in finding people to teach and in inviting people to church. In the last Sunday of the transfer we received a very tender mercy. In my eyes I can see God looking down, smiling and saying "Bien hecho mis hijas, ustedes han hecho bien."  He is real. He has a plan for me. I always need to remember that He is God. He sees my potential. And He is the only one that knows how to help me reach that potential. Sé que esto es la verdad para cada uno de ustedes también. 

So it finally happened. I finally tried blood sausage (Morcilla). I knew it was just a matter of time. And oh my lanta, how gross. I didn’t know what it was when I was eating it, but I did have a sneaky suspicion that it was blood sausage. Well my instincts were correct. LUCKILY it was cold. I know that sounds odd, but when it’s hot it is super juicy and the blood is juicy and what not. Since it was cold nothing oozed or anything. Either way it was still gross. I had a tiny little sliver and that’s all I could do. It was horrible. I still can’t believe I ate blood. ¡Que asco! Bueno, enough of eating blood talk. 

OOO!!! I got to play soccer with some kids in a building we were contacting in. Honestly it was on for like 5 minutes and I was in my skirt and everything, but oh my gosh it was so so great! I can´t even tell you! It was so much fun! I seriously miss it so much! One P-day I just want to go out and play soccer with the kids for like an hour or two. Unfortunately that probably won’t happen here in the city. I’ll have to wait until I’m in an area with more space. But yeah, that 5 minutes of soccer fue de diez!

Ahora, that’s everything I can remember. I hope everyone has a fantastic week. I’ve noticed here in the mission that miracles happen everyday. Many times they are very small, and a bit harder to recognize, but they still are happening constantly. Take a moment during the day or at the end of the day and reflect on the miracles you witnessed. I know that you will see just how blessed you are and you will have a greater love for Heavenly Father and everything He does for you. After all, we can ALWAYS love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ more. His hand is in our life constantly; now just take the time to see it.  :) Anyways, I love you all so very much! Remember, when we love the way the Savior does, miracles happen. And of course, Stay Anxiously Engaged!! :)

xoxo,
Hermana Van 

No comments:

Post a Comment